Connecting the Arts through TIME!
Come travel through the arts as we visit historic moments in time and make connections between art, music and all the other CORE subjects!
Collaborating with the music teacher at my school has been inspiring, together we created a time line that graced the main hallway of our school for several years. Elements on the timeline connected to every core subject and helped to visually make connections across subjects to grasp a stronger understanding of how world events may effect the art and music being created.
Labels were color coded to help understand subject connection such as literature, world events, mathematics, scientific, art, music, etc.
- LaNell Clark
- Go Ape Over Corrugated Cardboard!
- Razzle my Berries!
- Like Crazy, Gnomes and Gnomettes!
- Flip out for the real MAGIC marker! Gr 2
- Like WOW!!! Little Lichtenstein Easels (Grade 5)
- Great Graters! (Grade 5)
- Cool Dubuffet Sculptures! Gr. 5
- Right O! Sure! It’s “real” leather?
- Make the Scene Gr.3
- What's Buzzin' Creatures Gr K/1
- Leena Elmore
- Holly Bess Kincaid
- Dawn Laird
- Maryanna Rudecki
- Craig Russell