Klimt and his Cat
Berenice Capatti (Author), Octavia Monaco (Illustrator)
Crayons, paper, metallic paint, wooden stylus
After sharing story and the art of Klimt students guided through the steps of creating their own scratch board. Demonstrations of steps of coloring with crayons to insure a intense layer of crayon wax to help with the resist for the black paint with dish soap added.
Day 1:Students draw and color their pictures with crayon and paint over the cat with the black paint mixture and gold paint mixture on the background.
Day 2: Scratch details and pattern into the image. Share handout with a variety of patterns students can be inspired to use on their cat.
- LaNell Clark
- Go Ape Over Corrugated Cardboard!
- Razzle my Berries!
- Like Crazy, Gnomes and Gnomettes!
- Flip out for the real MAGIC marker! Gr 2
- Like WOW!!! Little Lichtenstein Easels (Grade 5)
- Great Graters! (Grade 5)
- Cool Dubuffet Sculptures! Gr. 5
- Right O! Sure! It’s “real” leather?
- Make the Scene Gr.3
- What's Buzzin' Creatures Gr K/1
- Leena Elmore
- Holly Bess Kincaid
- Dawn Laird
- Maryanna Rudecki
- Craig Russell