_What's Buzzin' Creatures (Grade K/1)
· Identify shapes
· Use shapes to create art
· Practice using glue and scissors
· Construction Paper
· Miscellaneous items like buttons, fabric scraps, ribbon, etc.
This is a 2 week project. Review shapes. I made a super large potato head and a super large “snoval” (an oval snowman) figure from butcher paper. We discussed the shapes they saw. We reviewed how to use glue and the scissors. I gave each child a large oval, rectangle, triangle, etc. and his job was to make it into a snow creature using paper and markers. It was amazing to watch the personalities of the little creatures come to life. We displayed the shape creature in the hallways. We made up names for them and called them snectangles, snovals, snares, etc. Some classes began with a giant potato shape to make a potato creature. Lots of fun for everyone.
- LaNell Clark
- Go Ape Over Corrugated Cardboard!
- Razzle my Berries!
- Like Crazy, Gnomes and Gnomettes!
- Flip out for the real MAGIC marker! Gr 2
- Like WOW!!! Little Lichtenstein Easels (Grade 5)
- Great Graters! (Grade 5)
- Cool Dubuffet Sculptures! Gr. 5
- Right O! Sure! It’s “real” leather?
- Make the Scene Gr.3
- What's Buzzin' Creatures Gr K/1
- Leena Elmore
- Holly Bess Kincaid
- Dawn Laird
- Maryanna Rudecki
- Craig Russell