Black & White Tube Sculpture (5th Grade)
Objective: Create sculpture project utilizing form, pattern and line
Materials: Copy paper with patterns & line designs (6 different pages)
Hot glue (dries much quicker)
Black and white construction paper
Scissors and paper cutter
1. Make copies of pattern/line designs. Each student uses approximately 3-6 pieces of paper. Students can also make up their own pattern/line designs, then copy them all on the copy machine.
2. Cut paper into desired size
3. Roll paper into a tube shape & glue
4. Repeat rolling and gluing for all tubes (create "community" box of tubes)
(2nd Class Period)
1.. Create sculpture base ( square or rectangle) Use extra line paper to glue on base in an interesting way
2.. Build and glue tubes to create desired form, let dry
- LaNell Clark
- Go Ape Over Corrugated Cardboard!
- Razzle my Berries!
- Like Crazy, Gnomes and Gnomettes!
- Flip out for the real MAGIC marker! Gr 2
- Like WOW!!! Little Lichtenstein Easels (Grade 5)
- Great Graters! (Grade 5)
- Cool Dubuffet Sculptures! Gr. 5
- Right O! Sure! It’s “real” leather?
- Make the Scene Gr.3
- What's Buzzin' Creatures Gr K/1
- Leena Elmore
- Holly Bess Kincaid
- Dawn Laird
- Maryanna Rudecki
- Craig Russell